If you are missing one tooth or several teeth then dental implants have many advantages compared to traditional crown and bridge solutions.
Five reasons why you should consider implants instead of other solutions:
1. They look, feel and function like your natural teeth
2. Healthy teeth do not need to be ground down to support the dental implants
3. Anchoring dental implants in the jawbone stimulates bone tissue and gums, ensuring an attractive, aesthetic result while helping to maintain facial structures
4. Dental implants do not require any adhesives to hold the new teeth in place
5. They eliminate the discomfort and insecurity of loose, ill-fitting dentures
A small titanium screw is inserted into the jawbone. Titanium is a metal accepted by the body and heals together with the bone tissue to form a new, stable tooth root.
An abutment is a ceramic or titanium component that ensures a secure fit between the dental implant and the crown.
Once the dental implant and the abutment are in place, the dentist fits the crown, the bridge or the denture.
For more information
Please discuss it with one of the dentists at the Bloomsbury Dental Practice.
You may also want to visit the patient information website all about dental implants | www.likenaturalteeth.co.uk